REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION SUPERVISION OF REHABILITATION OF SMALL IRRIGATION SCHEMES.
ISSUANCE DATE:21ST OCTOBER 2016
Ministry of Food and Agriculture
GHANA COMMERCIAL AGRICULTURE PROJECT
(PROJECT ID: P114264)
Reference No. MOFA/GCAP/QCBS/2016/03
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION SUPERVISION OF REHABILITATION OF SMALL IRRIGATION SCHEMES
- The Government of Ghana (GoG) led by the Ministry of Food and Agriculture (MOFA) is implementing the Ghana Commercial Agriculture Project (GCAP) with funding from the World Bank (WB) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
The project was restructured in 2015 with the revised Project Development Objective (PDO) to improve agricultural productivity of both smallholder and nucleus farms in selected project intervention areas through increased access to reliable water, land, finance, agricultural inputs, and-output markets.
The restructured GCAP now consist of the following seven components:
- Strengthening investment promotion infrastructure and facilitating secure access to land;
- Securing PPPs and smallholder linkages in the Accra Plains;
- Securing PPPs and small-holder linkages in the SADA Zone;
- Project Management including M&E and impact analysis;
- Investments in physical rehabilitation and modernization of existing public irrigation and drainage infrastructure;
- Support to the restructuring of irrigation and drainage institutions of the Government of Ghana; and
- Support for the development of Water Users’ Associations and new scheme management institutions.
GCAP intends to apply part of the funds for eligible payments for studies and construction supervision of Rehabilitation of Small Irrigation Schemes which have been identified by Ghana Irrigation Development Authority (GIDA).
There are two (2) categories of schemes for the assignment as follows: the first consists of four (4) schemes which will require both design studies and construction supervision. The second consists of two (2) schemes for which studies have been completed but will require construction supervision. The two categories are listed below:
First Category: Schemes requiring design studies and construction supervision:
- Sankana Irrigation Scheme.
- Tanoso Irrigation Scheme.
- Kpando Torkor Irrigation Scheme.
- Golinga Irrigation Scheme (added at the request of USAID).
Second Category: Schemes already designed but requiring only construction supervision.
- Amate Irrigation Scheme.
- Libga Irrigation Scheme (Added at the request of USAID).
- The review of past studies on the development of irrigation in the project area. This shall include the safety of all existing dams indicated in the list above.
- Topographic survey and mapping of the area.
- The determination of the agriculture production potentials of the area taking into consideration the returns on investments.
- The identification of the most efficient and economic design options in terms of water storage, conveyance and delivery systems within the area.
- Preparation of preliminary and detailed designs for the project area (headworks and irrigable area).
- Formation and Capacity Building for Water Users Associations (WUAs)
- Construction supervision of the designed scheme.
- Post Construction/Defects Liability Period.
The consultant is expected to use up-to-date techniques in surveys and designs and provide least cost solutions to achieve the objective of optimal technical and economic use of the available water in the system. The duration of the consultancy is approximately 20 months.
The Project Coordinator,
Ghana Commercial Agriculture
Ministry of Food and Agriculture
MOFA New Project Block,
Behind Government Secretarial School,
Tel.: +233-501510508; +233-242435900
Email: email@example.com Website gcap.org.gh