CONTRACT AWARD PUBLICATION-CONSULTANCY SERVICE TO UPDATE THE DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION SUPERVISION OF THE REHABILITATION OF KPONG IRRIGATION PROJECT
CONTRACT AWARD PUBLICATION
GHANA COMMERCIAL AGRICULTURE PROJECT (GCAP)
Contract Name: CONSULTANCY SERVICE TO UPDATE THE DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION SUPERVISION OF THE REHABILITATION OF KPONG IRRIGATION PROJECT (KIS)
Identification No: MOFA/GCAP/NQCSB/2014/01
- The Names of All Consultants in The Shortlist
- The Overall Technical Scores and Scores Assigned for each Criterion and Sub-criterion to each Consultant
- The Prices Offered by each Consultant as Read out and as they have been Evaluated
- The final Combined Scores and the Final Ranking of the Consultant
- Final Contract Price:€1,783,495.31 + GH¢211,612.50 (Inclusive of taxes)- Phase 1
- €2,509,725.00(Inclusive of taxes) + GH¢604,200 GHC exclusive of local indirect taxes – Phase 2
- Assess the current status of the Scheme by taking an inventory of the irrigation and drainage infrastructure, farm access/inspection roads, water distribution, control, and measuring structures, ponds, entire distribution and canal system, dam, intake system including control tower/mechanisms, spillway(s) and channel, scheme management offices management set up, warehousing, repair shops etc. and determine their adequacy or inadequacy for the purpose of designing and introducing modern facilities and instrumentation that allow control and accurate measurement of water flowing into the various sections of the scheme for the purposes of billing and collection of water user fees for sustainable management of the scheme.
- Review existing socio-economic, agricultural development plan, assessment of soil condition, cropping plan. Compile and analyse up to date meteorological and hydraulic data all for the purpose of determining the appropriate cropping pattern/calendar, advising the types and areas to be cropped based on water outflow from the Kpong Dam irrigation outlet discharge for sustainable operation of the scheme
- Updating of precise topographic and cadastral maps of the commands and detailed longitudinal and cross section data of all canals and drains in the KIS. Establishment or identifying existing permanent benchmarks in the Kpong Dam area, transfer of heights to establish additional permanent benchmarks every two (2) kilometres along the main canal, marking and protecting such benchmarks, and establish additional temporary benchmarks at wherever deemed necessary to facilitate effective topographic survey of all the available suitable land for development into farm plots. Topographic maps shall have contour intervals of 0.25 m (250 mm).
- Preparation of designs for rehabilitation/modernization of irrigation and drainage infrastructure including construction drawings, cost estimates, economic and financial analyses and bidding documents in line with World Bank standards
- Identifying environmental issues, particularly those contained in the ESIA Report and developing and/or instituting necessary Environmental Management Plans to mitigate their effects.
- Assisting the client to procure the services of a Contractor following World Bank norms;
- Supervision of construction of all infrastructure. Assisting the client to set up an effective Water User Association
- Preparation of an Operation and Maintenance Manual together with an effective implementation plan.
- Proposals for Organization and Management elaborated, discussed and finalized with stakeholders
- Make recommendations for appropriate machinery and equipment for land preparation, cropping, harvesting and for carrying out routine maintenance works
|No.||Name of Shortlisted Firms||Country of Origin||Remarks|
|1||ARAB CONSULTING ENGINEERS (ACE) MOHARRAM-BAKHOUM||EGYPT||Did not Sub|
|2||BRL INGINIERIE +CARDS ENGINEERS + CONSULT MEPA CONSULTING LTD.||FRANCE + GHANA||Submitted P|
|3||INTERCONTINENTAL CONSULTANTS AND TECHNOCRATS PVT. LTD. + TWUM BOAFO AND PARTNERS (TBP) + RUDAN ENGINEERING||INDIA+ GHANA+ GHANA||Did not Subr|
|4||CACG + TAIVANI CONSULT||FRANCE + GHANA||Submitted P|
|5||KOREA RURAL COMMUNITY CORPORATION + DONG IL ENGINEERING CONSULTANTS CO. LTD||KOREA + KOREA||Did not Subr|
|6||WAPCOS LIMITED+ AGRARTEC SERVICES LIMITED||INDIA/GHANA||Submitted P|
|7||SMEC INTERNATIONAL||NIGERIA/GHANA||Submitted P|
|NAME OF FIRMS|
|General Experience of Firms
(Score over 10)
|Adequacy of proposed Methodology and Work plan
(Score over 30)
|Key Professional staff qualifications and competence
(Score Over 55)
|Participation by nationals among proposed key staff
(Score over 5)
|BRL INGINIERIE +CARDS ENGINEERS + CONSULT MEPA CONSULTING LTD.||9.20||18.40||50.49||2.16|
|INTERCONTINENTAL CONSULTANTS AND TECHNOCRATS PVT. LTD. + TWUM BOAFO AND PARTNERS (TBP) + RUDAN ENGINEERING||7.00||21.80||41.58||0.47|
|CACG + TAIVANI CONSULT||6.10||23.40||41.54||2,89|
|WAPCOS LIMITED+ AGRARTEC SERVICES LIMITED||9.0||23.80||47.39||2.16|
|No.||Name of Firms||Proposal Price|
|1||WAPCOS LIMITED + AGRARTEC SERVICES LIMITED||US$ GH¢||2,477,775.00
|2||SMEC INTERNATIONAL PTY LTD- NIGERIA||US$
|3||BRL INGENIERIE, CARDS CONSULT, MEPA CONSULT LTD||Euro
|Consultants’ names||Technical Evaluation|
|Weighted scores S(t) ´ T||Weighted scores S(t) ´ T||Weighted scores S(t) ´ T||Financial Evaluation|
|Technical rank||Financial scoresc S(f)|
|WAPCOS LIMITED+ AGRARTEC SERVICES LIMITED||82.35||65.88||1st||88.79||17.76|
|SMEC INTERNATIONAL PTY LTD- NIGERIA||79.40||63.52||3rd||100||20|
|BRL INGENIERIE, CARDS CONSULT, MEPA CONSULT LTD||80.25||64.20||2nd||69.89||13.98|
Messrs. WAPCOS Limited+ Agrartec Services Limited, who should have been the recommend bidder had to forfeit because almost all the staff they presented to undertake the assignment would be engaged at the same time on the Consultancy Service to Update the Feasibility Studies and Supervise the Completion of the Kpong Left Bank Irrigation Project (KLBIP).
Messrs. SMEC International PTY Ltd- Nigeria, who ranked second , and thus, should have been recommended for the contract negotiation and award also had a similar issue as Messrs. WAPCOS Limited + Agrartec Services Limited. Almost all the staff they presented to undertake the assignment would be engaged at the same time on Consultancy Service for Design and Supervision of Rehabilitation of Tono and Vea Irrigation Schemes
The 3rd ranked consortium of Messrs. BRL Ingenierie, CARDS Consult, MEPA Consult Ltd have been recommended for contract award as follow:
Name of Bidder Awarded Contract:Messrs. BRL Ingenierie, CARDS Consult, MEPA Consult Ltd Limited
Contract Duration: Thirty-Six (36) months
(Date of Contract Signing, 31st December 2015)
Scope of Contract:
The Scope of Works for the assignment are:
Phase A is expected to take 12 months
Phase B is expected to take 30 months
The consultant is expected to use up-to-date techniques in surveys and designs and suggest least cost solutions to achieve the objective of optimal use of available water in the system.
At all phases of the assignment, in order to ensure environmental safeguards conforming to the requirements of the legislation and policies of Ghana, World Bank OP 4.01 and 4.12, and the WB Environmental Guidelines and Gender Policy the Consultant shall design and ensure implementation of appropriate Environmental Management Strategies.
GCAP in conjunction with Ghana Irrigation Development Authority (GIDA) will make available to the Consultant relevant available reports, documents or data listed in Instructions to Consultants, E. Data Sheet under Clause 2.4. The Consultant shall, however, be solely responsible for the accuracy, analysis and interpretation of all data received and for the recommendations in the reports.